Sunday, September 4, 2011

The First Month is Behind Me

On August 1, 2011, my BFF and I started a diet together. It’s not just a diet – it’s a lifestyle. I have failed at so many diets and I blamed it all on no willpower. How quickly I learned that we all have willpower, we just have to search within ourselves to find it. There is no magical formula, no book to read to get it. It’s there waiting to be used and we know it works when we are faced with our first obstacle. Thr very temptation we are trying to avoid. I have willpower!!! We have changed absolutely everything about our way of cooking, eating, and shopping for food. We have really made healthy decisions about our food choices, how often and how much we eat. I’m so proud of us!! I was really shocked when I weighed in after the first week. I lost 14.3 pounds! I have a new found respect for veggies. I have eaten so many veggies and have found many different ways to prepare them. I just can’t seem to get enough! Love ‘em!!! What I love is, I don’t have to be hungry. I watch what I eat, I carry healthy snacks for in between meals, and I drink LOTS of water. I can eat more of the healthier foods than I can of the junk food and still lose weight! A few times I have gone out for lunch/dinner. I “research” the nutritional value of all the food on the menu before I even get there, and I base what I eat on that. I make a list of the foods I can have and order from my list. This has worked so well! I am really learning my way through this. I must admit, I really miss my pizzas and cheese. Oh man, I have felt like I’ve had withdrawals from these two. So I’ve been looking for alternatives to pizza and I’m working on that right now. Before I give a product suggestion I’ve got to try it first. If I like it, I will blog about it.  During the month of August, I lost a total of 25.4 lbs!!!!! Ahhhh, how wonderful it feels! I’m doing it – I’m changing my life!! I can actually visualize the skinny me. And I can’t wait to see her!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's official. You're a SUPAHSTAH!!