Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Got The Biggest Loser Workout Today

I showed up for my workout today ready to go – let’s get started – I’m gonna do this! I’m pumped! Then my trainer tell me she is kicking it up and gonna work me out harder today. She had me on the treadmill for 20 minutes, and then took my measurements. We headed across the room and the owners husband comes walking up with a rope. Now I heard my trainer say something to him about a rope, but I didn’t know the damn thing was the size of a fire hose!! Sha-it! She showed me what to do and I did it while she timed me. By the time she said stop, I could barely lift the rope anymore! Next she had me lift a medicine ball over my head and slam it to the floor over and over again. She timed me. I did lunges (with and without weights), and the elliptical. After the first set I thought I was going to freakin’ die! I was sweating, wiping my face and drinking some water. And we did 3 more sets of these which totaled an hour. At one point when I was lifting the rope and it was so hard for me to lift it and she was there going “Keep going! You got 30 more seconds! Keep it up!” and then the words came out of my mouth “I can’t”. Well, my “can’t” did and I finished it! I have to say though, close to the end of my workout today, I felt like puking. To which I said to my trainer, “You need buckets around here”. She said, “It’s not our intention to make people throw up” and I said “It must have been the water I drank”. It was so hard for me to catch my breath, let alone take deep breaths. She said in time it will get better. Being overweight and out of shape is the cause. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I’m going to do this. I can do this. And even as I sit here writing this post, I feel really good knowing I accomplished something today and I feel so good right now! This is probably a light workout to my trainer and I know it’s going to get much tougher, but I’m ready. I will do the best that I can. My body is not going to win this fight. I am!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Is this the ropes like Ruby does where you lift the big thick nautical kind of rope over and over? Jeezalou. Your first week? She's mean. BUT IN A REALLY GOOD WAY!!! YAY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele said...

Yep, that would be it!! I was hurtin'. It's not easy and I so get why the folks on the Biggest Loser yell when they work out.